Monday, November 12, 2007

Sad Day

Today is the one year anniversary of losing Bob's mom. It is hard to believe it has already been a year- time flies. It saddens me that life will never quite be the same without her; it will just be different. My heart aches for my husband and his family. I can't imagine losing one of my parents so suddenly. My husband has shown such strength and he has been the rock of our family. I am so lucky to be the wife of this great man. This has been the hardest death I have ever dealt with. She was so young and taken so suddenly- it just isn't fair. I will never get to know my mother-in-law the way my family knew her. Growing up I did not get to know my dad's father and it upsets me so much that when I have kids, they will not get to know her. There is so much I could have learned from her. We could have been really good friends. Things change though and you just have to keep going. I just wish we had had more time together.

No comments: