Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving!


We had Thanksgiving at our house- a new family tradition that started last year. I got up early and took TJ to the dog park, so he could burn off some energy and not be so hyper for the guests. Then, I started peeling 10 pounds of potatoes while I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I also watched the Dog Show. The day was pretty relaxing at the start. My parents came over at 3 and everyone else came over at about 4. Bob started gearing up the oil for the turkey- we fried ours for the first time. The oil took longer than we thought to heat up, but then once the turkey went in, it cooked fast! We were rushing around to finish the side items. Everything worked out great though and the table looked wonderful and sat all 10 of our guests. I used my grandmother's china and my parents sent me beautiful flowers for a centerpiece. Along with the turkey, we had mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, cranberry sauce, stuffing and devilled eggs. Everything was delicious and the turkey was so tender. Then, came the fun part of cleaning. I did not think the dirty dishes would ever stop coming. Quite a task! Then, it was dessert time. I made my grandmother's pecan pie recipe- it was a hit! My mom made pumpkin pie and Bob's aunt made 2 apple pies- one with icing-mmm! The following is a short list of the things I am thankful for this year:
1. my wonderful husband
2. my fantastic family and friends
3. my puppy TJ
4. Not having to travel on Thanksgiving =)
5. Not having houseguests for Thanksgiving =)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: