I read Family Tree, the latest on Angelle's Book Tour. Here are my answers.
1. In the book, many secrets had been kept. What kind of an impact did these secrets have on the characters once they were revealed?
Once Hugh found out his grandfather was black, I think it made him more understanding. At the end of the book it seemed he was going to have a better relationship with his father after he knew the truth.
2. How would you feel if your child looked like he/she was from a race neither you or your partner showed evidence of? Would you worry about your child's future?
If my child looked like they were from a different race, I would be quizzical. I don’t think I would worry too much about my child’s future- I really don’t think looking slightly different would make a big difference. I think in the book they over exaggerated her skin color. Her great grandfather was black, so her skin color could not have been that different from her parents.
3. When Hugh discovers that Lizzie is a different race than him he questions the paternity of the child. He doesn't understand why Dana is so upset that he wants to prove he is the father. Do you feel that the faith and trust you have in your partner should be enough in this situation? Would you need to prove to other people and to yourself that you were correct?
I guess it would feel different for a guy, since the woman definitely knows it is her baby. I would hope that faith and trust would be enough. Questioning the paternity of the baby would seriously hurt the relationship. I don’t think I would need to prove to other people or myself that I was correct. I guess if everyone was questioning you though, then you would eventually start questioning yourself too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think Hugh's father also stopped being the holier-than-thou prick he was and became more accepting of people outside of his social class.
Sorry it took so long to post my answers, but they are now up on my website, if you are interested.
Post a Comment