Monday, October 1, 2007

Disney Day

On Sunday Bob and I used our Disney passes we received as gifts for our wedding. We started the day at the Animal Kingdom. We thought we would get front row parking, but the car in front of us got the last spot, so we had to go all the way to the end of the next row. We definitely got our walking in yesterday. We went on the newer ride, Expedition Everest- which was fun, but not worth a long wait. We got the Fast Pass so that we didn’t have to wait. We also saw the Nemo Musical- which was a bit strange because people carried the characters around on stage. I wonder what the kids thought when they saw people holding Nemo. We ate at the Rainforest CafĂ©, which is a really fun place to eat. Although the service was very slow.

Then, we met up with Bob’s cousins at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. We went to a Wine Seminar and tasted wines from Langtry Estate in California. Then, we headed off to the World Showcase to see the different countries. I tried some American Wines from Napa and New York. I also had Sushi in Japan, a sorbet from France, and an Apple Strudel in Germany. Yum! For dinner, we ate in Mexico. I had a steak with an enchilada and a beef flauta. We also went on the boat ride in Mexico. They redid it to have the Three Caballeros. On our way out we got a chance to see the fireworks and make it to the car without being trampled by everyone leaving. A very fun day with lots of food and wine, back to the diet today!

No comments: