Friday, September 21, 2007

Odds and Ends

* Last Friday I was waiting in line at Publix for chicken tenders, this guy comes up to me and starts mumbling and pointing to his glasses. He says someone called him a freak because of them. He puts them on and asks if he looks like a sexual predator. I said I am just here to get my chicken. So, he says I guess that means yes and walks away. He also pointed out that I am married- what does that have to do with the conversation. How gross, why does he think he can just go up to strangers and ask questions like that?
* Last Saturday I went with Sam to a Bath and Body Works special event. They had breakfast and booths set up to promote their products. We were able to use 3 coupons and got $50 worth of free stuff!
* Last Sunday we went to Paw Park. It was voted #2 out of the 10 best dog parks. The park is very nice and we like it better than our dog park. This was the first time TJ was in the all dog area. TJ went around to every dog, he is so friendly. My parents dogs, Toby and JJ, came and went into the small dog park. Toby just hid under the bench, but JJ basked in the sunshine. There was a mud puddle from a hose and TJ decided it would be fun to roll in it. Good thing they have a dog shop called Paw Park Place across the way with doggie baths. The place was awesome. Bob and I were able to be on either side of him and the shower head also dispenses the soap. They have different scents like tangerine, raspberry and apple oatmeal. We got him some gourmet doggie treats and a Gator collar for the games. We entered him to be Dog of the Week- wish him luck! I will post photos from the park when I get them on my computer.
* I ordered a library book online and got it home delivered, how convenient is that? I also saw a neat website on someone else's blog called Bookmooch You send books you don't want anymore and get points to have people send you books. I sent one and 3 are in the mail for me!
* The other night around 7:30 at night a guy came knocking at our door for an alarm system. I wanted to blow him off, but Bob started talking to him. I took TJ out back for a little while and when I came in he had invited the guy inside. I was in my pajamas so I went in my room until they were done. They kept talking and talking and then Bob comes in and says we are getting an alarm system, without even asking me! Then, the door rings and the installation guys are magically at the house- how bizarre! So, there are more strange guys in my house until 9:30 at night! At least night, we are supposedly secure. I just wish Bob didn't get suckered into it. I hope it is a decent company and not some type of scam.
* I have extra vacation days, so I took Thursday and Friday off. I was a little bummed because I didn't really get to do anything or go anywhere. Bob can't really take any time off work right now. He did mention we might go to New York for his work in November. That would be cool if they had the Christmas decorations up! I just wish I had saved my days now. Next year we have several trips planned. We are going to England and France with friends. One of our friends is from England. We also have 4 weddings to attend. So, I guess I little down time isn't too bad.

Enough ranting for now!

1 comment:

stacy said...

miss you. um, like sam doesnt already have enough bath n body works stuff??? lol