Friday, October 12, 2007

Halloween Horror Nights

Last night, Bob and his Dad and I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. It is a family tradition for Bob's family, they have gone almost every year since it opened. I am not a haunted house fan, but it is a family event, so I go along. Last year was not too scary and not very well organized or decorated. This year's theme was "Carnival of Carnage" and featured Jack the Clown which they had in years past. New this year were the characters Freddy, Jason and Leatherface. They had 8 haunted houses, 4 shows and about 5 scare areas. I must admit I was scared to go in the haunted houses; I was counting them down until we were done. We saw the Bill & Ted show, which was so funny! They make fun of celebrities, TV shows and movies. They had a bald Britney, jailbird Paris, and a druggie Lohan. We also saw the Freak Show, which had a Scottish regurgitator, very interesting. He swolled fish- he has too much time on his hands! The third show we saw was a Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute. I have never seen the movie, so it did not make sense, but it was a pretty good show. We saw all 8 haunted houses. They had a clown house with 3D glasses. I decided to go first in our group and face my fears head on. The glasses made things pop out and it was pretty neat. One clown popped out at me and I grabbed the guy in front of me, haha! After that I let Bob lead and I held onto his shirt. I did get surprised by several scare actors. I do not scream, but I would run into Bob or move the other way if they came at me from the side. They had a house for Freddy (Friday the 13th), Jason (Friday the 13th), and Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). The other houses themes were The Thing, Mary Shaw, Psychoscarepy (Home for the Holidays), and a Vampire Club. For several houses, they used the studios, which are pretty big. In the Homes for the Holidays house, they had a little person running around, which scared me because I wasn't looking down. All in all, it was a very fun time, even though I was scared. The haunted houses were much better this year, so it looks like we will continue to go each year. Now I have one year to prepare for next time!

No comments: